Saturday, May 8, 2010

Senior Garden


Interview with Seniors

1. What will happen to the garden during the summer?
They don't know what will happen to the garden during the summer, maybe someone from facilities will check up on it

2. Will the Juniors take over the garden next year?
Yes, the Juniors will take over the garden. They think that it will be every senior's garden.

3. What are you growing in your garden?
They are growing strawberries, peppers, tomatoes, carrots, bananas, mangoes, peas, watermelons, onions and lettuce.

4. What will you do with the growing produce?
They said they are going to use them for their exhibition. During their exhibition they will use the food from there to cook original recipes.

5. Are you using genetically altered seeds?
They aren't using genetically altered seeds.

Reflection

1. How did this visit change you?
This visit changed me by showing me how easy it really is to grow your own garden. It also showed me of new technologies for watering your garden.

2. What struck you about the garden?
What struck me about the garden was that it had such a vast variety of produce. It's really interesting how they could fit all those different crops into one small space.

3. What did you like/not like about the garden?
What I really liked about the garden was that it was very colorful and organized. It was really easy to get around because of the paths in between crops. One thing I didn't like about the garden was that some of the crops were being eaten by bugs.

4. Did this inspire you to start a garden?
In a way it has but I don't think I'll start one soon. Maybe in years to come I'll start my own garden with my family.

No comments:

Post a Comment