For the This I Believe project we had to write a personal essay about something that we believed in. To get our inspiration Charlotte made us write a list of 30 things that we believed in. This is what really got me thinking about stuff that I believed in and also gave me the idea for writing something that I can really write about with passion. Charlotte also showed us three essays from www.thisibelieve.org everyday to get us inspired.
We had to make a frame and write the essay and then put those on a frame which we could arrange in anyway we wanted to. The way I wrote my essay is that first I wrote the list of 30 things I believed in and then crossed off twenty things that I knew I wouldn't be able to write about. After this I went back and looked at the list and narrowed it down to three and then from there I just chose one of the three that I really applied in my life and had a lot of exampled about. Here is my final essay.Another thing we had to make was the frame. For this we had to bring in a frame from home or 10 dollars for Charlotte so that she could go buy us a frame. Once we all had frames we had to take a picture of our profile and cut it out to make a template. After we had our template we got the option of having different colored papers to cut our profile. I decided to stick with basic white. When I cut my profile I wanted to give it something original and innovative, something that would describe me and make me stand out. The way I made this happen is by cutting out my glasses from my profile picture and putting them on my frame so that you could also see the silhouette of my glasses, which I feel defines me. We put a basic white, black or blue backing onto our frames and we then glued our essays and profiles onto there and that's how we created our frame.
What I learned in this project was how to write a personal essay. I think this is something I will use in the future because I like being able to express my beliefs and opinions in all of my essays. One big challenge I faced in this project was the fact that I couldn't find my frame the day that we were assembling, but in the end I found it with just enough time to finish it. I think if I had to do this project again I would do everything the same except I would look for my frame in the back counter first, which is where it was hiding. This will definitely help me later because I hope to write a lot more of personal essays through the course of my high school years.
No comments:
Post a Comment