Project Description:
For the Time Travelers project we had to pick an artifact that we had to send back to our assigned civilization. These artifacts could be a sailboat, a trebuchet or a water filtration system. The purpose of this was to see if sanding it back would help or hinder the civilization. We also had to explore the different aspects of a civilization, like their government, history, culture, and their religion. These were called the ‘Pillars of Civilization’ these were like the building blocks of any civilization.
Process:
To get to the final product I had to go through many drafts. Every time I made a new draft I had someone read over it and tell me how to improve it and then I’d go back to edit my draft until I felt that it was good enough.
Reflection:
I learned what the basic building blocks of a civilization are, I also learned a lot about civilizations that I hadn't even heard of, like the Minoans. I also learned of new ways to improve my writing and how to write a research paper.
Some challenges that I encountered was dedicating enough time to my research paper while still putting time into the other aspects of this project, like building my artifact. I overcame this by working on my paper at home and when I got home focusing only on working on my research paper.
What I would use for future projects would be to manage my time like I did in this project. I think that it will help my organization and would give me a better grade. What I would improve in other projects is to not be lazy and make sure that I get as many people as possible to review my drafts.
Artifact:
No comments:
Post a Comment